We all heard of fake news, correct? I mean lately is all we hear about it is FAKE NEWS! I don’t want to get in the political side of it. However I must ask aren’t you tired of Fake? Does faking really works?
Well in my point of view faking does not work, because faking might make you look good for others but when you lay down at night it is the same; because you have being faking not only for others but, which is worst, for yourself. And that is where the biggest damage happens.
The reality is we can expect to live in a real, honest, world if we are not honest with ourselves. Coming from a sports background I can say that I seen it a lot. I have presence so many things such as: usage of drugs to enhance performance, cheating during competition, lying about what happen during race and training, and the list goes on. Even in the nutritional world I have seen authors talking about vegan diet when in fact they were not vegan at all. Even in the business world I have seen many many nasty things happening…
I must say, is not everyone, in fact the “Fake News” of many industries is very little, the problem is that we see them as role models. For example, I usually say the girl in the magazine does not even look like the girl in the magazine. The picture you see in the magazine, easily pass to a lot of Photoshop, and the model most likely starve herself before taking that picture! That being said, the model does not look like that.
So what to do? Well there are a few things we can all benefit from.
- Acceptance: Accept where you are, because you can only change what you accept.
- Look inside: Be brutally honest with yourself but at the same time be kind. Criticizing yourself does not work, so be kind with yourself (that might be actually the first time in years).
- Long term: Look for a long term solution, not a quick fix. Quick fix don’t work, you must work with the core of the issue.
- Take action: Take imperfect action, there is no mistake, only lessons. By taking action even if doesn’t work you will be moving forward.
- Be yourself: In a world that you can be anything, just be yourself!